Putting Out the Fire: Dealing Effectively with Anger
Participants learn: (1) anger is a feeling and feelings are okay; (2) anger is okay; (3) abuse and violence are not okay; (4) constructive ways to handle your own anger; (5) constructive ways to deal with other people's anger; and (6) anger rules keep everyone safe.
This three-hour workshop engages participants in discussion designed to learn from their experiences and the experiences of others in the group; self-assessment and self-reflection; mini lectures; and small-group exercises. The agenda includes:
- What is anger?
- How to identify personal triggers and the early stages of anger.
- How to distinguish between emotions and behavior.
- Healthy ways to express anger.
- Constructive ways to defuse other people's anger.
- Alternatives to physical and verbal violence.
- Anger as a motivator for change.
- Anger rules to keep everyone safe.
FEES: $100 (per hour; per trainer. Class size limited to 24 per trainer. Large groups can be accommodated with advance planning)
To schedule this course, please contact Good Shepherd Mediation Program at (215) 843-5413.