Divorce & Custody Mediator Training
This comprehensive, ACR-accredited mediator training program is a combination of role-play, lecture, simulation, discussion and videotapes of actual mediation. This five-day workshop walks participants through the process of divorce and custody mediation from the orientation session to the completed memorandum of understanding.
The curriculum covers the following topics:
- Parenting arrangements
- Property division and support
- Tax, pension and other financial concerns
- Emotional issues
- Effective conflict management
- Mediation techniques
- Power balancing
- Ethics and standards of practice
- Domestic violence
Cheryl Cutrona is the Executive Director of the Good Shepherd Mediation Program (GSMP). She is an attorney, mediator, conflict coach, trainer, facilitator, writer and editor. In addition to her work at GSMP, she mediates for the PA Department of Education Office of Dispute Resolution, the Philadelphia Bar Association Lawyer Fee Disputes program, the Landlord-Tenant Appeals Mediation program, and the United States Postal Service REDRESS. She arbitrates for the Better Business Bureau, Demars Associates and the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Arbitration Center. Cutrona sits on the Board of Directors of the Pennsylvania Council of Mediators, the Board of Directors of the Association for Conflict Resolution Greater Delaware Valley Chapter, and the Editorial Board of Conflict Resolution Quarterly. In 2008, she received the Pennsylvania Bar Association ADR Committee's "Sir Francis Bacon Dispute Resolution Award." In 2010, the Pennsylvania Council of Mediators named her "Peacemaker of the Year." Cutrona holds a BA from Michigan State University, a Masters in Library Science from Wayne State University, and a JD from Temple University, Beasley School of Law.
Assistant Trainers: Qualified divorce and custody mediators will coach the role-plays and PA practitioners will present information on PA divorce and custody laws.
Note: This training will be held at the offices of King, Spry, Herman, Freund & Faul, LLC, located at the Greyfriars Conference Center in Bethlehem, PA (One West Broad Street, Suite 700). It is hosted by King, Spry, Herman, Freund & Faul, LLC and Janney Montgomery Scott.
Upcoming Divorce & Custody Mediator Training Workshops
April 29, 2015 - May 5, 2015
8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Bellefonte, PA - PCM Member discount; without PA-CLE or NASW credits – $1,440.00
- Bellefonte, PA - PCM Member discount; with PA-CLE or NASW credits – $1,540.00
- Bellefonte, PA - Non PA-CLE or NASW-CEU Crediting – $1,600.00
- Bellefonte, PA - PA-CLE or NASW-CEU Crediting – $1,700.00
July 13, 2015 - July 17, 2015
8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Non PA-CLE or NASW-CEU Crediting – $1,600.00
- PA-CLE or NASW-CEU Crediting – $1,700.00
- PCM Member discount; without PA-CLE or NASW credits – $1,440.00
- PCM Member discount; with PA-CLE or NASW credits – $1,540.00