Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Becoming Mediator (and more)
Objective: To orient aspiring mediators regarding the nuts and bolts of starting a career in dispute resolution.
People contemplating a career switch or a second career as a mediator have lots of questions:
- Do I need a license?
- What training should I take? Are there any prerequisites? What does the training prepare me for? Are there scholarships available?
- Do I need special training to be a divorce mediator?
- Do I need to be a lawyer?
- Do I need insurance?
- Where can I mediate?
- Where can I find a mentor?
- How long does it take to build a practice?
Whether you are interested in volunteering, working full-time in dispute resolution or starting a private practice to supplement your income, this workshop will answer all of these questions and more.
In addition to the lead trainer, Cheryl Cutrona, Esq., there will be a panel of expert mediators who practice in various areas on hand to share a wealth of knowledge with you.
Upcoming Becoming a Mediator Workshops
September 15, 2017
9:00 a.m. to Noon
- PCM Member discount; with PA-CLE or NASW credits – $115.00
PCM member discount; with PA-CLE and NASW credits
- PA-CLE or NASW-CEU Crediting – $125.00
- Non PA-CLE or NASW-CEU Crediting – $100.00
- PCM Member discount; without PA-CLE or NASW credits – $90.00
PCM discount; without PA-CLE or NASW credits