To prepare participants to assess conflicts and use restorative practices to address issues of concern in the community.
The workshop includes:
Introduction to restorative justice;
Conflict assessment and the quest for transformation;
Introduction to restorative practices, such as circles, community conferencing and victim-offender dialogue;
Facilitation Skills and Techniques;
How to conduct face-to-face meetings designed to build community and facilitate restoration, healing, restitution, and reconciliation.
This training is ideal for:
- Teachers looking to incorporate restorative processes which complement trauma-informed practices
- Justice leaders striving for innovative methods to address deficiencies in the criminal justice system
- Volunteers who would like to facilitate Restorative Circles & Community Conferencing at GSMP
- Alternative Dispute Resolution practitioners who would like to add skills to their repertoire of conflict resolution practices
- Human Resource Managers interested in using new ways to facilitate conflict resolution issues in the workplace
- Individuals seeking new ways to address harm and conflict in their communities
Upcoming Restorative Justice and Restorative Practices Workshops
GSMP is wheelchair accessible. Please let us know if you would like any other accommodations.