To orient aspiring mediators regarding the nuts and bolts of starting a career in dispute resolution.
People contemplating a career switch or a second career as a mediator have lots of questions:
- Do I need a license?
- What training should I take?
- Are there any prerequisites?
- What does the training prepare me for?
- Are there scholarships available?
- Do I need special training to be a divorce mediator?
- Do I need to be a lawyer?
- Do I need insurance?
- Where can I mediate?
- Where can I find a mentor?
- How long does it take to build a practice?
Whether you are interested in volunteering, working full-time in dispute resolution or starting a private practice to supplement your income, this workshop will answer all of these questions and more.
In addition to the lead trainer, Cheryl Cutrona, Esq., there will be a panel of expert mediators who practice in various areas on hand to share a wealth of knowledge with you.