To prepare participants to assess conflicts and use restorative practices to address issues of concern in the community.
The workshop includes:
Introduction to restorative justice;
Conflict assessment and the quest for transformation;
Introduction to restorative practices, such as circles, community conferencing and victim-offender dialogue;
Facilitation Skills and Techniques;
How to conduct face-to-face meetings designed to build community and facilitate restoration, healing, restitution, and reconciliation.
This training is ideal for:
- Teachers looking to incorporate restorative processes which complement trauma-informed practices
- Justice leaders striving for innovative methods to address deficiencies in the criminal justice system
- Volunteers who would like to facilitate Restorative Circles & Community Conferencing at CORA GSM
- Alternative Dispute Resolution practitioners who would like to add skills to their repertoire of conflict resolution practices
- Human Resource Managers interested in using new ways to facilitate conflict resolution issues in the workplace
- Individuals seeking new ways to address harm and conflict in their communities